Roadmarking Glass Beads are solid, spherical glass beads for use with thermosplastic roadmarking materials and traffic paint. BS6088 standard: Solid glass beads for use with roadmarking compounds, Class A and Class B are high quality glass microspheres resulting from the specialized processing of selected glass cullet.
Glass beads are a major factor in increasing road safety in an economical manner. Thanks to the beads' retro-reflective action at night, a vehicle's headlight beam is returned to the driver's eye. The microspheres not only multiply the visibility of the road markings at night, but also increase the marking's durability in general. glass beads are used as a drop-on agent and as premix beads for roadmarking materials.
- Coated : Higher reflectivity than uncoated. Therefore best suited to use on high rainfall highway roads.
- Uncoated : Increase the visibility of traffic lines /road markings especially at night.
- Available in various sizes suitable for water based / solvent based road marking paints and thermoplastic material.
- Can be used in a drop on application or premixed with road marking paint or thermoplastic.
- Chemically inert and environmentally friendly.
- Specifically suited for thermoplastic application. Larger beads will increase reflectivity.
- Hardness: 6 - 7 Moh scale
- Specific weight: +/- 2.5g/cm3
- Bulk weight: +/- 1.6 kg / l
- Free silica: None
- Shape: Round
- Reflectivity: Nd = 1.5 for coated and uncoated
- Storage: Dry and Sheltered
- Packaging: 25kg bags
Typical chemical analysis
- Si02: 72.55% (No free silica)
- Al203: 2.08%
- K2O: 0.88%
- Na2O: 13.78%
- CaO: 7.02%
- Fe2O3: 0.18%
- MgO: 3.02%